Gift Idea: Puppy Bracelet
I wanted to get my mom something unique this year for her birthday. I could’ve gotten her flowers and a spa gift certificate or a new outfit from her favorite store. But, like most people, those gifts get forgotten and tossed to the side. It makes me feel horrible seeing my gift in the same spot its been since her birthday or Christmas. I work really hard on my gifts so I just like people to appreciate them. That’s why this year, I thought of a great gift.
Nothing means more to my mom right now than her precious puppies. Because her kids are all grown up now, she sees the dogs as her little kids I guess. She takes them everywhere – to get fast food, to visit relatives, to return library books, etc. My idea for her gift is a puppy bracelet featuring cartoon-like dogs that are identical to her pups. That way, she can always have them with her!
- Dress It Up brand dog buttons (Styles 1776-Tiny Dogs, 4825-Fuzzy Faces)
- paint (if necessary to re-color to your dog’s shade)
- paint brush
- file or sandpaper
- E-6000 glue
- pendant to attach dog face(s) to
- jump rings
- bracelet chain
- lobster clasp
- round-nose & flat-nose pliers
- wire cutter
1. Paint the dog faces to match your dog(s).
2. After the paint has dried, clip off the loop on the back of the dog buttons with a wire-cutter. File down any sharp edges.
3. Glue dog faces to pendants. Wait a few hours for the glue to set.
4. Measure bracelet chain for a slightly loose fit. Attach lobster claw clasp at one end of the chain and a jump ring at the other.
5. After adding dog faces, re-measure bracelet and take out any links if needed.
6. Pick out your accent beads/charms and attach them to the chain using jump rings.
Note: You don’t have to use the exact beads I used. Mix it up a little bit and find some mis-matched charms or beads. Make it like a “found item” bracelet.